This looks quite interesting, but shame there are no screenshots or videos. Wonder how it will compare to Medieval Total War? The screenshots of their previous game HISTORYTM Great Battles of Rome, look very Total War like.
Here’s some info:
HISTORYTM Great Battles Medieval is based on the historical events of the Hundred Years War, the most famous conflict of medieval times fought between France and England that shaped the future of both countries for centuries to follow. It features Slitherine’s cutting edge graphic engine and a brand new game play system that allows players to be in complete control of massive armies. From the thunderous charge of the knights to the men-at-arms fighting for their lives in hand-to-hand combat, the game will recreate the epic feel of medieval battles, featuring thousands of characters simultaneously.
- Licensed and TV supported by HistoryTM, one of the best known brands for factual historical programming.
- As the English you will fight under the Black Prince, Henry V and other heroic characters from history, and as the French you fight for Joan of Arc and the King.
- 70 Medieval battles, including 26 historical encounters from the Hundred Years war, 1337-1453.
- Command more than 20 different units all accurately researched and carefully modelled in amazing detail.
- Customise your squads of archers, cavalry, knights, etc with over 100 unique fighting, combat and weapon skills.
- Free form quest maps that allow players to decide when and where to fight within an historical framework.
- Innovative Battle Card system that gives realistic bonuses and penalties in battle.
- Multiplayer: join a game or host your own in 2 player head to head.
- Extensive added historical documentary clips from the library of HISTORYTM TV channel.
Related articles by Zemanta
- EA Announces The Sims Medieval (1up.com)
- Play free online RPG game Algadon (geniusgeeks.com)
- Sims To Go Medieval In 2011 (g4tv.com)
- The Sims goes medieval in 2011 (geek.com)