With the excellent Sherlock BBC series getting such a good audience at present, anything Sherlock Holmes related is bound to be popular. I see that Titan Books are releasing another in their series of Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series in October 2010, titled The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr Jekyll and Mr Holmes
Here’s the synopsis:
When Sir Danvers Carew is brutally murdered, the Queen herself calls on SHERLOCK HOLMES to investigate. In the course of his enquiries, the esteemed detective is struck by the strange link between the highly respectable Dr. Henry Jekyll and the immoral Edward Hyde. Can he work out what it is that connects the two men or is it mystery even beyond the skills of the great Sherlock Holmes?
Sir Arthur Conan Doyles timeless creation returns in a new series of handsomely designed detective stories. The Further Adventures series encapsulates the most varied and thrilling cases of the worlds greatest detective.
Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review recently reviewed an earlier title in the series and didn’t give it particularly good reviews, so I’m not sure if I would read this one or not. However, I think the author might be different.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The ideal Holmes show: Benedict Cumberbatch is a revelation as supersleuth Sherlock Holmes (independent.co.uk)
- Sherlock Holmes, more like Shergar! (mirror.co.uk)
- “Splendid Trailer For The New Sherlock Holmes” and related posts (bleedingcool.com)
- Why Sherlock is still sleuthing (bbc.co.uk)
- TV Review: Sherlock and Orchestra United (guardian.co.uk)